September 20, 2006

Moto Q #2 - Perceived vs. Realized Usability

As per my previous post, I am keeping a pseudo diary of my pre and post usage experiences with the Moto Q to investigate my initial perceived view of the device in relation to its realized usability. My hope is that we can gain an understanding, regardless of how anecdotal it may be, of the value of our initial impressions of product usability and capability against the ability to actually use the product to complete the tasks for which I bought the device.

OK. So my initial impressions have been very positive. The device is sleek, sexy, feels substantial to the touch while still being light ... which is a hard balance to achieve.

Task #1 - Turn the device on and setup my basic preferences (language, location, time, etc.).

The image you see below is my initial attempts to turn on the device. After looking for an "on" button or one that approximates a button with an image I would associate with "on", the device become permanently locked on the screen below that says "Booting the OS ... enable sticky lock success". I've done a hard reset on the device 4 times and still get the same "black screen of death".



So far, my initial positive experiences have taken a drastic turn for the worst as I now have to call Motorola Support or worse ... read a bloody manual!!

Stay tuned for more as I try to work through the issues so I can actually complete Task #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home